- 1. favorite language to speak?
- 2. favorite language to write in?
- 3. favorite language to listen to?
- 4. favorite musician in each language you know?
- 5. favorite language-classroom-related memory?
- 6. most embarrassing slip-up?
- 7. hardest language you've ever studied?
- 8. weirdest place knowing a foreign language has been useful?
- 9. funniest translation error you've committed/heard?
- 10. have you ever dreamed in a language other than your native language?
- 11. favorite word in your target language(s)?
- 12. worst language-related classroom memory?
- 13. weirdest language-related classroom memory?
- 14. favorite resources/books?
- 15. have you ever eavesdropped on people just to see if you could understand what they were saying?
- 16. ¿qué tal?
- 17. ça va?
- 18. wie geht's?
- 19. come sta?
- 20. nasılsın?
I think I’m a language hoarder.
I have all these little bits of languages just floating around and am always thinking “oh, counting to ten in Japanese may come in handy one day” or “oh, I know the word for ‘to write’ in Dutch - vital”
In Shanghai, China. Pumpkin dumplings, shaped like mini pumpkins.
Because I saw a post explaining England vs Great Britain vs United Kingdom.
And I felt like people needed the same about Holland and The Netherlands. Because Holland is NOT a country.
I ALWAYS WONDERED
Calling the Netherlands Holland like calling the UK ‘Yorkshire’ or the USA ‘Carolina’, basically.